Tuesday, November 1, 2011

healthy, healing chili

I love making soups and chili in the fall and winter. I am nearing day 30 of a no diary diet. It was hard at first, but I'm feeling fantastic and Greyson is too! As my research for delicious dishes has expanded. I came up with this healthy chili after a few trial and error runs.

Packed with antioxidants and flavor this chili will keep the sniffles at day.

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cups stemmed and chopped rainbow or swiss chard
1 medium zucchini, cubed
1 bok choy, chopped
1 15-ounce can diced organic tomatoes
1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp tomato paste
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 can french onion soup (I like progresso)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp group cinnamon
1/2 tsp group tummeric
1-2 tbsp chili powder (I like a little spice so I go for 2)
1 1/2 lb organic ground turkey (dark if you can find it)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp olive oil


Heat the garlic in olive oil for a few minutes. Add the turkey and cook for another five. Add the chili powder, tumeric, cinnamon, and salt and cook for 2 minutes.

In a separate pot simmer french onion soup, broth, tomato pate, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the beans, tomatoes, zucchini, bok choy, and carrots. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the meat mixture, chard and cilantro let simmer 5 minutes. Serve warm.

Consider going Diary Free, I feel fantastic and you most likely will too. There are many ways to supplement calcium into your diet. My three favorite ways are;

1. Spinach
2. Ground Sesame seeds into a smoothie
3. Unsweetened Almond milk

1 comment:

  1. Nice review on that point you have shared with us, Thank you for taking a great point to people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails